Creole Shrimp Detroit Pizza
Believe it or not, shrimp on pizza can be a great thing – especially when paired with a spiced-up Creole sauce. Each slice of this decked-out Detroit included a jumbo black tiger shrimp!Print Pin Rate Follow my pizza journey
I bought 15 pizza ovens to hands-on test.It’s a hobby, not an obsession! Here are the best pizza ovens.
- 10×14 Detroit pizza pan
- 1 Detroit Pizza Dough, following this recipe up to (and not including) the parbake. Plan ahead and make the dough the day before.
- Prepared Creole Shrimp, following this recipe
- 8 oz Brick cheese, substitute with Monterey Jack or white cheddar.
- 8 oz Whole milk low moisture mozzarella
- 2 Green onions, sliced
Seriously. I have a lot of pizza ovens.Let me show you the best after hundreds of hours testing. Read my in-depth pizza oven reviews!
- Prepare the Detroit pizza dough the day before and allow to proof overnight, in the Detroit pan, following the steps linked above.
- Take the dough out of the fridge 4-6 hours before baking.
- Preheat your kitchen oven to 550F.
- Place the pan on a pizza steel/stone, or on the bottom of your oven, to par-bake the dough for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Carefully top with cheese (pan will be hot). Return to oven and bake for another 6-7 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and the edges look browned.
- Remove from oven. Top with two large stripes of Creole sauce, followed by shrimp. Sprinkle on green onion, slice, and serve.