Vegan Tikka Masala Pizza
Tikka Masala translates excellently on pizza. It works as a direct replacement for tomato sauce, yet still has some acidity and heat. In this recipe, I replaced the typical chicken with a smoked tofu and used Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella cheese. Whether you're vegan or not, this pizza is a grand slam!Print Pin Rate Follow my pizza journey
Servings: 4 servings
I bought 15 pizza ovens to hands-on test.It’s a hobby, not an obsession! Here are the best pizza ovens.
- 1 batch NY-style pizza dough, prepared
Seriously. I have a lot of pizza ovens.Let me show you the best after hundreds of hours testing. Read my in-depth pizza oven reviews!
- Begin by preparing your dough the day before.
- Preheat the pizza oven to 700 degrees F; alternatively, preheat your kitchen oven to the max 550F with a pizza stone. Stretch the dough out thin, approximately 15"-16" round.
- To assemble the pizza, spread a thin layer of tikka masala sauce on top of the dough. Evenly spread the vegan mozzarella cheese. Then add crumbled tofu and fresno peppers. Optionally, dollop a bit of extra tikka masala sauce on top.
- Bake for 4 minutes if using a pizza oven, or 6-7 minutes if using a kitchen oven (with the final minute under the broiler one high), until spotted, browned, and gorgeous.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh cilantro. Slice and serve right away.