Veggie Chard Enchilada Pizza [Ooni Oven]
I love using leftover enchilada sauce as a direct replacement to pizza sauce. It works so well on pizza. This time, I opted for a veggie rendition including swiss chard (stems and greens) and jalapenos. Baked this pizza in the Ooni Karu pizza oven for a perfect finish.Print Pin Rate Follow my pizza journey
Servings: 4 servings
I bought 15 pizza ovens to hands-on test.It’s a hobby, not an obsession! Here are the best pizza ovens.
- 1 batch NY-style pizza dough, prepared
For topping the pizza:
- 1 cup Leftover Veggie Chard Enchiladas , with some of the fillings reserved on the side
- 1/4 cup Enchilada sauce , the above Enchilada recipe has a fantastic homemade sauce. Or, substitute with your favorite jarred sauce.
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese , shredded.
- 1 Jalapeno , sliced thin. Substitute with pickled jalapeno
- Cilantro , chopped
Seriously. I have a lot of pizza ovens.Let me show you the best after hundreds of hours testing. Read my in-depth pizza oven reviews!
- Begin by preparing your dough the day before.
- Preheat the Ooni Karu 16 or Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven to 700 degrees F; alternatively, preheat your kitchen oven to the max 550F with a pizza stone. Stretch the dough out thin, approximately 15"-16" round.
- To assemble the pizza, spread the enchilada sauce onto the dough. Evenly spread the mozzarella cheese. Then add the leftover enchilada filling (swiss chard) and jalapenos.
- Bake for 4 minutes if using a pizza oven, or 6-7 minutes if using a kitchen oven (with the final minute under the broiler one high), until spotted, browned, and gorgeous.
- Remove from the oven and top with cilantro. Slice and serve right away.