The perfect go-to NY-style pizza! Sausage alla Vodka Pizza features a well-hydrated dough topped with homemade vodka sauce, spicy Italian sausage, fresh basil, and Romano cheese. So delicious in every bite!
Sausage alla Vodka Pizza
Hydrated NY-style pizza dough is topped with a bright vodka sauce, spicy Italian sausage, fresh basil, and Romano cheese. This is a favorite go-to pizza recipe!Print Pin Rate Follow my pizza journey
Servings: 4 servings
I bought 15 pizza ovens to hands-on test.It’s a hobby, not an obsession! Here are the best pizza ovens.
- 1 batch NY-style pizza dough, prepared
For the Vodka Sauce:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup good vodka
- 1 28-oz. can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
For topping the pizza:
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups shredded low moisture mozzarella
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 3/4 cup Romano cheese
Seriously. I have a lot of pizza ovens.Let me show you the best after hundreds of hours testing. Read my in-depth pizza oven reviews!
- Begin by preparing your dough the day before.
- To make the vodka sauce, add the oil to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic and Italian seasoning. Turn the heat to low and add the vodka. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bring the mixture back to a simmer. Stir in the heavy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the sauce from the heat and set it aside.
- Next, pre-cook your Italian sausage. In another pan over high heat, sear tablespoon-sized dollops of sausage in the pan until browned and mostly cooked through. Remove the cooked sausage to a plate.
- To assemble the pizza, preheat the pizza oven to 800 degrees F. Stretch the dough out thin. Top with some vodka sauce, then sausage and mozzarella.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until spotted, browned, and gorgeous.
- Remove from the oven and top with even more sauce, fresh Romano, and some torn basil. Serve hot.