My all-time favorite sandwich is transformed into something even better! This Reuben pizza has all the features of a Reuben sandwich, including swiss cheese, sauerkraut, homemade thousand island dressing, and of course… corned beef! The addition of caraway seeds makes the New York style dough reminiscent of rye bread.Print Pin Rate Follow my pizza journey
Servings: 4 servings
I bought 15 pizza ovens to hands-on test.It’s a hobby, not an obsession! Here are the best pizza ovens.
- Ooni Karu 16 outdoor pizza oven I used the Ooni Karu 16 pizza oven to bake this pizza, but a home oven with a pizza stone works great too.
- 1 batch NY-style pizza dough, prepared
For the Thousand Island Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp Red onion, fine mince
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For topping the pizza:
- 1 cup Leftover Corned Beef, shaved or thin sliced
- 1 cup Low moisture whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds
Seriously. I have a lot of pizza ovens.Let me show you the best after hundreds of hours testing. Read my in-depth pizza oven reviews!
- Begin by preparing your dough the day before.
- For the Thousand Island dressing, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat the pizza oven to 700 degrees F; alternatively, preheat your kitchen oven to the max 550F with a pizza stone. Stretch the dough out thin, approximately 15"-16" round.
- To assemble the pizza, top with swiss and mozzarella cheeses. Then add the corned beef and sauerkraut. Finally, sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes if using a pizza oven, or 6-7 minutes if using a kitchen oven (with the final minute under the broiler one high), until spotted, browned, and gorgeous.
- Remove from the oven and top with Thousand Island dressing. Serve hot.