Pepperoni and Pickled Jalapeno Pizza
Crank up the heat on a classic pepperoni with some pickled jalapenos. While fresh jalapenos provide an excellent crunch, the pickled peppers bring an added kick that matches well with pepperoni.Print Pin Rate Follow my pizza journey Watch my pizza journey
Servings: 1 14″ Pizzas
I bought 15 pizza ovens to hands-on test.It’s a hobby, not an obsession! Here are the best pizza ovens.
- Pizza peel
- 330 g Neapolitan pizza dough
- 3-4 oz basic pizza sauce A homemade sauce from a can of high-quality San Marzano whole tomatoes is really simple; just puree and add salt!
- 6 oz shredded whole milk mozzarella If using pre-shredded cheese, RINSE the cornstarch off and dry before using. This will create a much better cheese melt.
- 1 pinch Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Pickled jalapeno sliced
Seriously. I have a lot of pizza ovens.Let me show you the best after hundreds of hours testing. Read my in-depth pizza oven reviews!
- Flatten and stretch dough into 14" pies.
- Prepare your pizza by ladling sauce onto stretched dough and then sprinkling Parmigiano-Reggiano. Starting from the outside and moving inward, spread a light even layer of mozzarella. Top with a layer of pepperoni and jalapenos (to taste).
- Preheat your Ooni (or other outdoor pizza oven) for 30 minutes. The oven should reach near 900F in this time. Using a pizza peel, place pizza in oven and cook for 2 minutes (+/- 30 seconds depending on color) rotating as needed.
- Remove pizza from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 2 minutes before slicing.
This is a Neapolitan recipe that uses 00 flour, so high heat is a must; home ovens are insufficient. Be sure to preheat an outdoor pizza oven to 900F before cooking. If you only have a home oven and pizza steel/stone, check out our NY Style recipe which works great with this.