Mixed Berry Cheesecake Dessert Pizza
- Outdoor pizza oven optional
- Pizza peel
- 420 g NY style pizza dough
- 2 cups Frozen Blueberries
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 4 oz Mascarpone
- 4 oz Ricotta Preferably Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Honey
- Salt To taste
- 1 cup Fresh Berries To drizzle
- Mint Chopped, to taste
- In a medium pot over medium heat, add frozen blueberries, cooking for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, add sugar, and mix well, continuing to simmer for 10 minutes or until it coats the back of a spoon (contrarily, add 1-2 tbsp of water at a time if it's too thick). Add lemon juice and lemon zest. Crush the berries with the back of a spoon or pulse with an immersion blender. Set aside to cool.
- In a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add mascarpone, ricotta, powdered sugar, and honey. Whisk on medium-high for 2 minutes. Add salt to taste, and mix again for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Flatten and stretch dough into a 15-16" circle, sprinkling bread flour on the dough as needed to avoid sticking. If cooking in indoor oven, place dough on pizza peel prepared with a sheet of parchment paper. If using an outdoor oven, just place on a pizza peel.
- Using an icing spatula, evenly spread the cheese mixture across the pizza dough. Using a ladle or spoon, spread the blueberry compote around the pizza.
- Choose ONE coothing method below.
(Option 1) Indoor oven
- Preheat to 550F for 45 minutes with pizza steel or stone on bottom rack.Using the pizza peel, carefully move pizza to oven (parchment paper should make it slide easily – you can leave it on the paper or remove the paper after 1 minute of cooking), and cook for about 6 minutes, watching closely for crust color and cheese burn. Avoid rotating when baking in home ovens as temperature loss from opening the door often does more harm. If the top crust needs more color, turn on broiler for 1-2 minutes towards the end.
(Option 2) Outdoor pizza oven
- Preheat your Ooni (or other portable outdoor pizza oven) on MEDIUM for 25 minutes. The oven should reach near 750F in this time. Reduce the flame to very low. Place pizza in oven and cook for ~3 minutes (+/- 30 seconds depending on color) rotating as needed. TIP: if using an Ooni or another model of outdoor pizza ovens, reduce the heat to low just as you place the pizza in; this creates really great crust color without burning the cheese too early. This may increase cook time slightly.
- Let pizza cool for one minute on a wire rack or cutting board.
- Top with a mix of fresh berries and mint. Slice and enjoy!