The BEST white pizza you’ve ever tasted is surely this Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pizza, made with a garlicky white sauce, fresh mozzarella, and Cajun-rubbed grilled chicken!
Experimenting with pizza makes the world go round! Neapolitan pizza just got a little more interesting with this Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pizza. A light a chewy Neapolitan crust is paired with juicy grilled Cajun-spiced chicken, a thick and creamy homemade Alfredo sauce, fresh mozzarella, and finished with a drizzle of high-quality EVOO for some extra flavor and fat. Welcome to your new favorite pizza recipe!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Wood-Fired Pizza
For the Alfredo:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Pizza:
- 1 batch Easy Poolish Pizza Dough
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil, for topping
- Prepare your pizza dough a day ahead of time to give the dough time to cold ferment.
- Begin by making the Alfredo sauce. In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the garlic and butter. Cook for 1 minute, then add the flour. Whisk until the butter and flour create a thick paste. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Add the milk while still whisking to ensure no lumps form. Allow to heat and for the milk to thicken.
- Once thick, add the heavy cream and salt. Remove from the heat and set it aside.
- Preheat your pizza oven until the center of the stone reaches 800F.
- Toss the cubed, cooked chicken with Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Stretch out your dough into a 12" round. Top with Alfredo sauce, fresh mozz, and the chicken.
- Place into your pizza oven and cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbly and browned, ensuring to rotate frequently as needed.
- Remove from the oven and top with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve and enjoy!