Black Garlic Tofu Vegan Pizza
This black garlic tofu is just incredible, on or off pizza. I personally used smoked tofu which bumps up the flavor profile tenfold, but regular tofu works great too. Topped the pizza with sesame seeds, green onion, and a drizzle of chili oil. For a sauceless pizza, this thing is packed with flavor!Print Pin Rate Follow my pizza journey
Servings: 4 servings
I bought 15 pizza ovens to hands-on test.It’s a hobby, not an obsession! Here are the best pizza ovens.
- 1 batch NY-style pizza dough, prepared
For topping the pizza:
- 1 cup Leftover Black Garlic Tofu
- 1 cup Vegan mozzarella cheese, shredded. I used Follow Your Heart Mozzarella.
- 2 Green onions, sliced thin
- Sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp Chili oil, to drizzle
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
Seriously. I have a lot of pizza ovens.Let me show you the best after hundreds of hours testing. Read my in-depth pizza oven reviews!
- Begin by preparing your dough the day before.
- Preheat the pizza oven to 700 degrees F; alternatively, preheat your kitchen oven to the max 550F with a pizza stone. Stretch the dough out thin, approximately 15"-16" round.
- To assemble the pizza, drizzle the extra virgin olive oil on the dough. Evenly spread the vegan mozzarella cheese. Then add crumbled black garlic tofu.
- Bake for 4 minutes if using a pizza oven, or 6-7 minutes if using a kitchen oven (with the final minute under the broiler one high), until spotted, browned, and gorgeous.
- Remove from the oven and top with sesame seeds, green onion, and a drizzle of chili oil. Slice and serve right away.